Hurray! You are officially engaged. Wow, finally you are heading towards a new beginning with your spouse.
Click to explore and Book Whitefrog Productions
Now the question arises what to do next? How to start planning a perfect dreamy Wedding? Planning your wedding whether two years or two months in advance can be stressful, because we have compiled a way to create the perfect wedding checklist for your wedding. But you don't need worry we have come with a kickass wedding checklist which will make wedding planning less overwhelming and more of a fun process to enjoy with your fiancé and family!
Twelve or Nine months before
- The first and foremost thing is to discuss your ideal wedding style/size with your partner (that how you two want your wedding to be like).
- Discuss with your fiance and family the financial contributions they would like to contribute.
- Draw up a final Budget.
- Determine what your personal priorities are for your wedding.
- Finalise your Wedding Dates.
- Start researching and shortlisting the venues.
- Compile your Guestlist and their address.
- Start following some Wedding planning sites like Eventila for Ideal wedding ideas.
- Hire a Wedding Planner (if you desire).
- Start researching Wedding vendors like decorators, wedding caterers, entertainment options etc.
Picture on Pinterest
Nine or Six months before
- Book your venue.
- Finalise your Wedding theme and a decorator who can execute it well.
- Finalise your Wedding catering and entertainment plan (like bridegroom entry etc.).
- Start shortlisting other vendors like Wedding photographers, Makeup artists.
- Shop for and purchase wedding day attire.
- Start planning your Honeymoon.
Six to four months
- Finalise your photographer and makeup artist and meet them in person. For what questions to ask them before booking, see here.
- Start searching invitations vendor and stationery designer
- Start looking for the choreographer.
- Start looking for wedding bands (band-baaja)
- Start planning your Bachelor/Bachelorette party. Take clues from here
- Purchase groom and groomsmen attire.
- Finalize and purchase bridesmaids’ attire.
- Decide on favours and packaging. Check here for unique ideas
Explore and Book Hitched & Clicked
Two to Four Months
- Finalise your Wedding Invitation vendor and Wedding band.
- Book your choreographer.
- Book your Mehendi artist and design.
- Buy stuff for Mehendi function.
- Go for your Pre Wedding shoot.
- Meet caterer for Food Tasting.
- A site visit with the decorator.
- Buy all the necessary undergarments/lingerie for your Wedding attire.
1 month to Wedding
- Send invitations to the Guests.
- Start preparing for your dance rehearsals.
- Start visiting for your Pre Wedding skincare Seatings.
- Book your Wedding cake.
- Try your Wedding attire with all accessories and lingerie.
- Book transportation for your guests.
- Pack all the ritual stuff in different boxes.
- Send photography shot list to the photographer.
- Compile song selections and send to band/DJ
- Compile welcome baskets and handwritten notes.
Picture from Band Baaja Bride Show
1 week to Wedding
- Touch base with all vendors.
- Book a spa treatment.
- Do the final packing for your Honeymoon.
- Assemble everything you need for your wedding day.
- Confirm all details of the honeymoon, and hand off itinerary to family and a few close friends in case of an emergency.
- Pack an overnight bag for the reception.
- Organise money to be paid to suppliers on the day.
1 Day before the Wedding
- Make sure you have everything on the ‘wedding checklist of the wedding day’ compiled and ready to go.
- Provide all wedding professionals with an emergency phone number to call on the day of the wedding.
- Sort out the payment (write cheques/organise cash) for any final balances to be paid at the end of the reception.
- Ensure the cake is on track to be delivered to the reception venue.
- Get a good night’s rest.
Picture on Pinterest
- Relax and enjoy every moment, it will go by very quickly.
Picture by Thelightsmiths.in
We really wish this ultimate wedding checklist will help you plan your Wedding smoothly and accordingly.