1. Isha Ambani and Anand Piramal
Cost- 724 crore ($100 million) Year- 2018
But hold your hearts when we reveal you further-
- A fairytale engagement at one of the most famous lakes of Itay, Lake Como.
- Udaipur was just a trailer. While, the actual wedding took place at the Ambani 27-storey home, Antilia. While the reception took place at Jio Gardens in Mumbai.
- They spent three lacs on just the wedding card!
- Us First-lady, Hillary Clinton and Business Tycoon Henry Travis were one of the attendees.
- The guests stayed in luxurious five-star hotels in Udaipur.
- Over a thousand luxurious cars (Porches, Mercedes, Audis, BMWs) chauffeured the guests around!
- A power-packed performance by her childhood favorite, Beyonce!
- More than 100 chartered flights hired to fly guests to and from Udaipur.
For those now thinking of inviting Beyonce, she will cost you as little as $2 million dollars!
2. Sushanto Roy and Seemanto Roy
Cost- 552 crore Year- 2004
- 11000 guests attended this Extravagant affair!
- All the biggies including Amitabh Bachan, Aishwarya Rai, Anil Ambani, Kapil Dev glammed up the wedding with their presence!
- 110 different kind of cuisines were served along with Mumbai Chaupati and Lucknavi Delicacies.
- The Guests were boarded on private planes!
- The palace was decked up with marshals, wax, torch lights and prism glasses!
- Subrato Roy indeed took a fantastic step and got 101 under-privileged girls married.
- Food was also served to 150,000 beggars.
Now we know from where Ambani got his inspiration?
3. Brahmani and Rajeev Reddy
Cost- 550 Crore Year- 2016
Remember when demonetization struck us really hard in 2016? But seems, Mining Baron, Janardhan Reddy was hardly affected when he put up a wedding costing around 550 crores! Janardhan’s only daughter got married to the Hyderabad-based businessman, Vikram Deva Reddy. This wedding was an intense display of grandeur!
- The wedding invitation went out months before the wedding! It had an LCD screen which played choreographed songs starring the family which cost Rs. 5 crore.
- Over 50,000 guests including politicians, celebs and movie stars attended the Wedding.
- Brahmani Reddy donned Rs. 17 crore Kanjeevaram saree and Rs. 90 crore worth of diamond jewels
4.. Shrishti Mittal and Gulraj Behl
Cost-500 crore Year- 2013
- Shrishti Mittal and Gulraj Behl got married in Barcelona at the National Museum of Catalan on a hilltop!
- The wedding cake alone was6-tier and weighing 60 kg.
- An army of over 300 chefs and Butlers had flown from Thailand and India alone!
- Helicopters hovered over the celebrations to take the wedding snaps.
- Dazzling fireworks brought the curtains down on the wedding celebrations.
Well if the Steal King himself won't shell a fortune, then who would, right?
4. Vanisha Mittal and Amit Bhatia
Cost- 350 crore Year- 2004 'There was no doubt that when the steel magnate promised his 23-year-old daughter that her wedding would be truly spectacular he meant every word of it.'
- The choreographer, Farah Khan taught the fine art of the Jhatka performance!
- Kylie Minogue, Shah Rukh Khan, and many Bollywood biggies stole the show with amazing performances!
- French opera and Moulin Rouge Style cancan dancing featured at the magnificent Palace of Versailles.
- Over 35 craftsmen had flown from Mumbai to erect a mandap on a pond.
- Over 1000 guests had flown on jets, from India to Paris.
- An estimated 6 million pounds were spent on diamonds alone.
- The first floor was turned into a virtual spa. The guests were even provided with cell phones!
5. Lalit Tanwar and Yogita Jaunapuria
Cost- 250 crores Year- 2011 When all the Industrialists made it Grand, why Politicians must miss the chance? Yes, We are talking about the wedding of Lalit Tanwar, son of Congress minister Kanwar Singh Tanwar. Tying the knot to Yogita Jaunapuria, this wedding will really leave you amazed.
Hold your heart while we tell you what made headlines amount of this Grand Wedding! With a budget of 250 crores, this grand event saw 15,000 guests, including a stunning performance by Bollywood actor Neha Dhupia! These Biggies always believe in ‘Mehmano ki Khatirdaari’
- And the result was 100 delicacies served in served for over 15000 guests.
- 39 different types of Kulfis.
- Return gifts for wedding guests included an expensive shawl, safari suits, Rs 2100 in cash and a silver coin each.
- And guess the gift given to his beloved Damaad? A Bell 249 Helicopter was gifted to Lalit Tanwar by his In-Laws!
6. Adel Sajan and Sana Khan
Cost- 200 crore (approx.) Year- 2017 You must have all seen the Hindi-Film Dil Dhadkne which was entirely shot on a cruise! And this Big Fat Indian wedding is a perfect live example of that! Yes, you are thinking right! A destination wedding on a Cruise?!
That is why this one gala affair you would definitely wanna read about! Adel Sajan is a director at Danube Group, a regional business conglomerate. He tied the know with Sana Khan in a four-day destination wedding on a luxury liner Costa Fascinosa!
- More than two tonnes of flowers were imported from different parts of the word to solely decorate the ship!
- From Ethnic to Bahrain, every day had a different theme!
- A team of 42 beauticians and hair stylists had flown in to dress the guests for makeovers as per the themes! And a team of six were responsible for tying TURBANS for the Baraat ceremony!
- Obviously, these weddings cannot proceed without the biggies. On the final day, from Shilpa Shetty to Malika Arora Khan, guests witnessed one lavish evening!
- A water rocket show, aerial acts, song, and dance and what not curtained down the celebrations!
- Talking about food? About 75 guests were flown in from India to serve across four days!
Now some in 150 crore club!
8. Sanjay Hinduja and Anu Mahtani
Cost- 140 crores (approx.) Year- 2015 The weddings made the headline when Sanjay Hinduja, the London-based scion of Britain’s wealthiest family, married in a lavish series of ceremonies in India!
Sanjay Hinduja tied the knot with designer Anu Mahtani in a stunning Bollywood Set-up at Jagmandir Island Palace in Udaipur.
- The obvious! It was a star-studded event, glammed up by all Bollywood prominent!
- Another major talk of the town was a grand performance of Jennifer Lopez.
- BMWs chauffeured guests around!
9. Vineeta Agarwal and Muqit Teja
UK based billionaire Pramod Agarwal’s daughter, Vineeta Agarwal got married to Mudit Teja in California.
- They booked a whole 17 acres San Clemente Island for his daughter’s wedding!
- Flowers were specially imported from Paris!
- The major highlight was Performance by Shakira, adding limelight to this extravagant affair!
10. Vikram Chatwal and Priya Sachdev
Priya Sachdev tied the knot with an American Hotelier, Vikram Chatwal in one luxurious affair! And this was nonetheless similar to what we witnessed! Except for the part that it was a really lit-up affair! By this we mean, three thousand candles were lit and a thousand kilos of flowers were used to decorate the wedding venue!
- Attended by all the Bollywood Biggies including King Khan, Naomi Campbell, Prince Nikolaos!
- Jets were used to pick up guests from different parts of the world!
While Billionaires will never fail to amaze us. We won't fail to bestow you with such revelations! These are the top-most list of the most Expensive Indian weddings ever witnessed in Indian History! We are certain most of these have been not only informative but also quite surprising for you! So, do tell us which one did you find the most surprising? For any wedding planning services, or queries, call us at +91-97114114422, or leave your query